The incidence of invasive fungal infections is increasing worldwide. While the etiology of this development has not been completely understood, evermore invasive medical care as well as increasing numbers of long-term immunocompromised patients are considered major contributing factors.
To counter this development, diagnostic and therapeutic standards have been established for the most common fungi, i.e. Candida spp., Aspergillus spp., Cryptococcus spp. and Pneumocystis jirovecii. However, a wide variety of so-called emerging fungi accounts for a significant proportion of invasive fungal infections. Data on their epidemiology, pathogen biology and clinical course is scarce, often impeding evidence-guided decision making in the clinical setting.
To overcome these difficulties and eventually improve patient care, FungiScope™ - A Registry for Emerging Fungal Infections was created in 2003.
Pana et al. Invasive mucormycosis in children: an epidemiologic study in European and non-European countries based on two registries. BMC Infect Dis (2016) 16:667 (Link here to the article)
Marty et al Isavuconazole treatment for mucormycosis: a single-arm open-label trial and case-control analysis. Lancet Infect Dis. 2016 16(7) :828-37 (Link here to the article).
Hassler et al. Disseminated Fusariosis in Immunocompromised Children-Analysis of Recent Cases Identified in the Global Fungiscope Registry. Pediatr Infect Dis J (2017) 36:230-231 (Link here to the article)
Seidel et al. FungiScope™ -Global Emerging Fungal Infection Registry. Mycoses 2017 Aug;60(8):508-516 (Link here to the article).
Seidel et al. Prognostic factors in 264 adults with invasive Scedosporium spp. and Lomentospora prolificans infection reported in the literature and FungiScope®. Critical reviews in microbiology 2019 Jan 10:1-21 (Link here to the article).
- 7th Trends in Medical Mycology (TIMM), Oct 2015, Lisbon, Portugal (Poster)
- Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), Oct 2015, San Diego, USA (Poster)
- Jahrestagung der DGHO, OeGHO, SGMO und SGH, Oct 2015, Basel, Switzerland (Poster)
- Transdisciplinary ECMM Antifungal Stewardship Workshop, Jan 2016, Wesel, Germany (Talk)
- ESCMID Networking Corner at ECCMID, Apr 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Poster)
- Jahrestagung der DGHO, OeGHO, SGMO und SGH, Oct 2016, Leipzig Germany (Talk)
- IDweek, Oct 2016, New Orleans, USA (Talk, Poster)
- 8th Trends in Medical Mycology (TIMM), Oct 2017, Belgrade, Serbia (Talk, Posters)
- ESCMID Networking Corner at ECCMID, Apr 2018, Madrid, Spain (Poster)
- ISHAM, July 2018, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Talk)
- IDweek, Oct 2018, San Francisco, USA (Posters)
- ESCMID Networking Corner at ECCMID, Apr 2019, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Poster)