The main objective of this working group is to stimulate basic and clinical research in several aspects of paracoccidioidomycosis (PCM). Specifically they want to including the following topics:
- Issues related to the serological diagnosis of PCM caused by the possible lack of antigenic identity between Paracoccidioides brasiliensis versus P. lutzii.
- Molecular genotyping of Paracoccidioides spp. via whole genome sequencing.
- Investigation of the environmental sources of P. brasiliensis and P. lutzii in endemic areas.
- Investigate the possible differences between clinical forms of PCM caused by P. brasiliensis and P. lutzii.
- The response to antifungal therapy of PCM caused by P. brasiliensis and P. lutzii.
- Stimulation of paracoccidioidomycosis research in unexplored areas of the disease by promoting workshops and training for diagnosis